Dienstag, 9. Juni 2009

The wedding of Markus & Sabrina

Last weekend we headed off for the wedding of my nephew Markus with Sabrina. We had a wonderful time with family and friends and very much enjoyed seeing each other after a long time. Only the weather could have been much better. After a warm and sunny Friday we expected the best for Saturday but there was nothing but rain. However, that couldn’t spoil the happiness and luck of the day (it almost ruined my shoes!). We came back yesterday and the trip wasn’t the easiest. After a long party night – even for the kids – everybody wanted to get some sleep in the car. Who travelled back home? Me. And even today I am still a bit tired.


Hilde with the present - a box to put in their photos (hopefully they will like it)



Lotte at the wedding. She and Hilde were flower girls but I couldn´t manage to get a picture of both of them in the church becaues Malte was somehow stuck on me the whole day.

My parents.


Remco and my dad at the Lake.
Hilde - already changed her jacket right when we arrived at Lake of Constance. Every minute that it was not raining she used to walk down to the Lake with Anna, Jonas and Lotte to throw stones into the lake. You better can wear old stuff before you get stuck in the mud!


My uncle Werner (brother to my mum) with his wife Marianne.


Parents of the groom - Kati and Helmut who is Maltes and my godfather.


I was at the wedding, too. Can you see me there in the back. As I told you, Malte stuck on me the whole day, so from this picture on my sister is responsible for the photos.

Maltes uncle Thomas, husband of my sister, with Malte.

The bridal bouquet.


This little boy loved the balloons.



Me, Lotte and Anna.



Lotte and her niece Anna.

Lotte, Anna and her brother Jonas. I am wondering where Hilde was when the picture was taken. She loves getting on the picture with Jonas.

Christoph. My cousin, brother of the groom. He loved the car he arranged for the newly wed couple. When he showed me the details of the car - especially the big number on bottom of the specifications - I new he would love to keep the car but he would need to give it back. Sorry!



I almost forgot the most important part: pictures of the newly married couple. To be honest, I don´t have a really good one (remember my sister took over taking the pictures and she is not used to my camera!). But at least I found two that I can show to you and I will arrange some more as soon as they are back from their honeymoon.
I don´t know what Hilde is doing there exactly. But this shows the moment right before the traditional first dance.


Sabrina - yes, she was a very beautiful bride.

Keine Kommentare: