Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2009

Rome

When in Rome do as the Romans do - which is what I did....


Since the P&G Alumni meeting was in Rome this year, I thought I'd visit this nce city and meet some old frineds. Since taking the cheap flight, meant flying in on Thursday night and back on Monday afternoon, this meant I had some time for myself as well to visit this beautiful ancient city.
E.g. the Collosseum.

Or the Forum Romanum


Saint Peters Catedral was overwhelming, especially with the light shining through the windows.


And the view from the top was fantastic
For both Benno and me

At the Alumni Meeting (which was overall disappointing) I met Stefan again - now responsible for Sales at Tesa - we hadn't spoken each other for several years and it was great to meet again and talk about old and new days.

Since it was more than 30 degrees in Rome, the lady in my hotel advised me to go to the beach near Ortobello. It took me 1,5 hours with the train, but the Mediterranean, the sunbed and a cold beer made the trip worthwile.

I will definetely go back!

Keine Kommentare: